Tuesday 17 May 2011

I've got just time for a quick post before I go off to work. (This may mean going to Tim Horton's for lunch, but oh well.)

This is where we were at about a week ago. Lily (Brad and Rosie's dog) was on lookout, protecting me from mad squirrels and ravaging seagulls. One little chirp about a hundred yards away and she went berserk. However, she watched the deer approach to about thirty feet without making a noise (completely out of character for Lily). Maybe she's never seen a deer before and doesn't know she's supposed to bark at them.
And this one was taken yesterday. Looks kind of like a crater, I know. The bottom part (to the right) is as low as it's going. I just have to clear the rest and level it. My friend Spencer is going to come and help tomorrow, so we'll hopefully get it done. I say 'hopefully' because it's ridiculously hard clay, and it's put my goals back a week already.
Ying-yang?

Missing you guys in Saskatchewan! Wish you were here! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. Your foundational work is really starting to look impressive. Glad you've got a bit of help. What you've been working at seems to be really back-breaking work. I'm sure once you start to bring in some materials from off site it's going to look even more inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I haven't checked in in a while--this is really exciting! I am so impressed by what you've done so far. I wish we were there to help put in the posts. Of course, it will be better if you get somebody (anybody) other than (better than) me...

    Really inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete